Time to Gather
Here's to fresh garden finds,
crisp linens and starlit evenings
in good company.
...to perfect settings!
Hold summer in your heart all year
with a Sherwood Forest Design bowl!
They're always in season.
And, enjoy this salad!
PEACH FETA PECAN SALAD
Every summer, I need to quench the heat with a little Southern zing. After many a summer in Florida, I recognized a unifying theme: peaches and pecans with every meal. Putting them into a salad is one of the best ideas I've ever tried! No question, this flavor combination will transport you to a breezy evening at the beach. Let us know how you liked it!
- 5 oz bag of mixed spring greens
- 2 peaches – sliced
- 2 oz of feta cheese – diced
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 tbs minced red onion
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tps honey
6 twists of black pepper from a pepper mill
- Wash and dry the mixed spring greens and set aside.
- Slice peaches, dice feta and mince the red onion.
- Whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey and black pepper.
- Toss half the dressing over the mixed greens. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the mixed greens and toss with remaining dressing.
Source: Green Valley Kitchen